Prominently located in the centre of Delikipos is the church of Metamorphosis Soteros. According to an inscription placed at the central church entrance, the church was constructed in the beginning of the 18th century and more specifically in 1726.
As the Great Cyprus Encyclopaedia preserves, materials and architectural parts of an older construction which used to be located in the area were used for the building of the church. Moreover, the president of the Community Council states that according to tradition the roof of the church was entirely built using just one pine tree.
The interior of the church is adorned by a wooden chancel bearing old icons and by the Crucifixion of Christ on the post between the chancel and the main church.
Finally, what is worth mentioning is that the church of Metamorphosis of Soteros was recently renovated by the Department of Antiquities.
Giorgos Karouzis, Strolling around Cyprus, Larnaca, City and District, Nicosia 2007, p.100-101
Great Cyprus Encyclopaedia, vol.4, Philokypros Publications, Nicosia 1986
Community Council President Mr Christakis Andreou